Hi, we have a web program that were our clients in different Countries
of the world use to upload some files to us.
We have a problem with the files been uploaded from Haiti.

When they upload the file, our servlet does not recognize it. it reads
undefined characters.
But if they send me the file by mail, and I upload the file from my PC,
it works  with no problem.
I tried setting up the encoding in the html page that uploads the form,
and I also set up the encoding when reading the file:
                FileItem item =
(FileItem)upload.parseRequest(request).get(0);
                InputStream inputStr = null;
                inputStr = item.getInputStream();
                in = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(inputStr,"UTF-8"));

But I am still not been able to parse their file.

I can change the settings in their PC ,  but I jus don't know what to
change, since they tell me they have US english as the default language
in their OS (Windows XP);

I even made them download IE7 to see if it was the browser, but got the
same result.

any help is appreciated

thks

Andres R
SW Engineer
MIS Dept.
Girosol Corp.

This email communication (and any attachments) are confidential and are
intended only for the
individual(s) or entity named above and others who have been
specifically authorized to receive it.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or
disclose the contents of this
communication to others. Please notify the sender that you have
received this email in error by
replying to the email or by telephoning (305)944-1424. Please then
delete the email and any copies
of it. This information may be subject to legal professional or other
privilege or may otherwise be
protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. Thank you