Tom DeBruycker wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about what seems to be the design choice to ignore the
root node of XML files when creating the keys for a configuration. It seems
that the root node is part of what contributes to the uniqueness of the XML
file.  If the root is ignored isn't it possible that nodes could be
inadvertently combined? This could just be my lack of understanding for the
XMLConfiguration design.

If someone would explain the design choice I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Can you give an example for what you mean by "inadvertently combined"?

I guess the original idea was just convenience: Because the root element of a XML configuration typically is not changed during property access, there does not seem to be much value in requiring it to be part of the keys.

Oliver