I've recently started using JAXB for this kind of thing, it's works fine and seems to perform well.

Niall Gallagher wrote:
Hi

A much faster tool to convert XML into Java objects is Simple XML. It streams incomming XML and converts it into Java object instances as the XML is streamed in. Has many other powerful features that make it faster and much safer than Digester. You can check it out here:

http://simple.sourceforge.net/

Niall

RamDeepak Ramesh wrote:
Hi Omer Berkman :

I have used this long back, accept the fact about the performance.
But we designed a in-house product for our own DAO, we used this digester to
read the SQL ( in specific XML format ) and then manipulate them.

Contact me if needed detailed information.( I need some time :-) ).

Regards,
Ramdeepak R