Thanks

I actually thought hmm maybe there is already a validation-rules xml file with the new struts.

thanks will sort it out.

Steve

Niall Pemberton wrote:
On 2/22/07, Steve Vanspall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I am sorry for the really obvious question, I have searched google etc,
can't find the answer.

Basically I am involved with the upgrade of struts from a very old
version to the latest one, this incorporates an upgrade to
commons-validator.

I have never used commons-validator before but the existing code base I
am working on is fairly dependant on it.

I have worked out some of the changes from the version we were using (1.0.2)

My problem now is that the pages that use javascript validation
currently include the required javascript for the validation functions,
but does not include the validator utils javascript functions.

Is there some addition I have to make with to validator-rules.xml or
validation.xml to have validator util included. I assume I don't have to
actually include the validator js file in the page as it seems the
validator-rules is set up to inlcude only the required javascript for me.

Yes there is (its a <validator name="includeJavaScriptUtilities"> entry)
- but really you should upgrade to the validator-rules.xml file that
is shipped with the version of Struts you're upgrading to - which has
this in and other changes that  might cause you problems if you use an
old version.

Niall

basically the javascript validation doesn't work because the browser
doesn't have the code for jcv_retrieveFormName function.

I have included below a sample of the converted validation-rules, I
didn't include it all because it still have some changes to make to
comply with he new version.

----------
 <validator name="required"
            classname="org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks"
               method="validateRequired"
         methodParams="java.lang.Object,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorAction,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Field,
                       org.apache.struts.action.ActionMessages,
                       org.apache.commons.validator.Validator,
                       javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest"
                 jsFunction="required">
----------

this originally had the javascript defined in the xml file, changing it
to what you see above has now created the correct javascript for this
version.

Any help would be great

Regards

Steve

IBSA Logo*Steve Vanspall
Developer*
Level 2 476 St Kilda Road Melbourne VIC 3004
T 613 8807 5255 | F 613 8807 5203 | M 0438 221 058 | www.ibsglobalweb.com <http://www.ibsglobalweb.com> This e-mail (and any attachments to this e-mail) is for the exclusive use of the person, firm or corporation to which it is addressed and may contain information that by law is privileged, confidential or protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, disclosure, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail transmission is prohibited by law and that the contents must be kept strictly confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately on + 613 8807 0168 or respond to the sender by return e-mail. The original transmission of this e-mail must be destroyed.

Internet Business Systems Australia Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility for any viruses this e-mail may contain. This notice should not be removed.