---- Vishist Mandapaka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>   Can anyone guide me with examples for Closure, Predicate, and Transformer
> objects. I am unable to map it to any real world scenarios where these
> objects may be of use.

Closure:
========
I have a tree of Attribute objects, and for each one which has one or more
attached errors I want to add it to a list. I therefore have a method that
walks the tree of objects and for each node in the tree invokes a Closure that
is passed in as a parameter:

    private List findErrors(AttributeGroup model) {
        final List errors = new ArrayList(10);

        Closure cb = new Closure() {
            public void execute(Object input) {
                Attribute attr = (Attribute) input;
                List errList = attr.getErrorList();
                if ((errList != null) && (errList.size() > 0)) {
                    errors.add(attr);
                }
            }
        };

        ModelUtils.forEachAttr(model, cb);

        return errors;
    }

The tree-walking code (ModelUtils.forEachAttr) can then be reused with Closure
objects that do other types of things.

Predicate:
 Given a list of Person objects, return only those whose country attribute has
a specific value (filtering).

Transformer:
Given a list of strings, return a list of JSF SelectItem objects that wrap
those strings, allowing the list to be displayed in a drop-down list in a
JavaServer Faces view. This same Transformer class can then be used to generate
wrappers for a list of colours, a list of countries, etc. Yes a simple method
can be written to do this, but with the Transformer approach a Transformer
instance can then be passed around as an object without the code needing to
know exactly *what* the Transformer will do.