Hi all,

I am trying to use a connection pool in Tomcat to make JDBC connections
to an Oracle Database.
The pool works fine, because I can get a connection from it.

The problem is that I want that Tomcat makes a set of connections at
startup, and for that I used the initialSize parameter, but when I
restart the tomcat any connection is established.

I configured the connections to the database in the context.xml file,
and his content is:

<Context>
  <Resource name="jdbc/myoracle" auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource" username="pret" password="pret"
            driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.197.92.48:1522:SIMEIDT"
            initialSize="2" maxActive="8"/>

</context>

The version of Tomcat is 6.0.10

I test the number of connections established with the following select:

       select machine, status from v$session;

Can any body say me what is wrong. Is it necessary to configure another
thing?

Regards,

Rui Torres