There is the initialization code :

private void initExportConf() {
    try {
        go_ftpServerConfig = go_configManager
            .getExportFtpServerConfig();
      } catch (ConfigException ex) {
        go_logger
            .debug("There is no configuration to export XML files.");
        return;
      }
      go_exportFileSystemOptions = null;
      go_exportFileSystemOptions = new FileSystemOptions();
      StaticUserAuthenticator auth = new StaticUserAuthenticator("",
          go_ftpServerConfig.getUsername(), go_ftpServerConfig
              .getPassword());
      go_exportFileSystemOptions = new FileSystemOptions();
      DefaultFileSystemConfigBuilder.getInstance().setUserAuthenticator(
          go_exportFileSystemOptions, auth);
      FtpFileSystemConfigBuilder.getInstance().setPassiveMode(
          go_exportFileSystemOptions, go_ftpServerConfig.isPassiv());

      go_fileSystemManager = new StandardFileSystemManager();
      go_fileSystemManager.setCacheStrategy(CacheStrategy.MANUAL);
      go_fileSystemManager.init();
    } catch (Exception ex) {
      go_logger.error(
          "Error on initialize Export configuration FTPServer.", ex);
    }
}

And there is where I move my file on the FTP server :

private void exportFile(FileObject po_fileObject) throws Exception{

  String ls_destinationFileName = "ftp://10.0.0.0/tmp.xml";;

  FileObject lo_target = go_fileSystemManager.resolveFile(
      ls_destinationFileName, go_exportFileSystemOptions);
  lo_targetTmp.moveTo(lo_target);
}

I have seen in the commons-vfs, the "List" operation are done on :

- On test if destination file exists (AbstractFileObject, ln 944)
- When file is copied (AbstractFileObject, ln 983)

Thanks