Oliver Heger wrote:
(Please prefix your mails with the name of the affected component.)

see below

Jason Nichols wrote:
I think I have found a bug with XMLConfiguration. When I run the following test with the following xml the second assertEquals statement fails:

XML:
<test>
<a name="X">ABC</a>
<a name="Y">1,2,3</a>
</test

TEST:
public void testXMLConfig() throws Exception {
  File file = new File("/xml/xmlConfigTest.xml");

  XMLConfiguration xmlConfig = new XMLConfiguration(file);
  xmlConfig.load();

  assertEquals("X",xmlConfig.getProperty("a(0)[EMAIL PROTECTED]"));
  assertEquals("Y",xmlConfig.getProperty("a(1)[EMAIL PROTECTED]"));
}

Anyone see this issue before?  I couldn't find it in jira.

I think you have indeed found a bug. The problem here is that the 2nd <a> element is treated as a list element with the three values 1, 2, and 3. Obviously for such constellations the attributes get lost.

If you change the value of this element to a text that does not contain the delimiter character (','), the assert passes.

Could you please open a bug report in jira for this problem?

Thanks
Oliver

I have created a bug report for this issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-263

Oliver