Hi Mark!
> I noticed that the VFS to-do list has an item to provide support for
> NFS.  I
> was wondering if that work was already started?
I am not aware that some started an implementation .... so ... its yours ;-)

> If not, I have a need in an upcoming project to support NFS.  I
> noticed that
> YANFS (Sun's BSD licensed project at http://yanfs.dev.java.net) might
> be a
> good place to start.
Yep, looks good.

> Is there a TCK that I should use to verify that the VFS interfaces were
> properly implemented?
The VFS Test cases are a good starting point. Just create a base class
for testing your nfs implementation (e.g. see the one for smb).
Depending on the capabilities of the filesystem this will test various
aspects like read/write/append/delete etc.

Ciao,
Mario