Hi!
> The current application is not only to ftp a file, but it creates dir and
> subdir on the destination server. How can I achieve that using http
> protocol ? Is this a good idea using http ? Or any a better one ?

Not sure if "HTTP only" is able to do all this, nor if there is a
library which easily allows you to do so.
What you can do is to use WEBDAV or (IMHO better) ssh/sftp.

Have a look at the commons-vfs project [1] - it allows you to use
various sources using a uniform url.

Ciao,
Mario

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/vfs/