Hayden James wrote:
Now if I use synchronizedMap, which forces me to use the Map interface like:
Map map = Collections.synchronizedMap(new LRUMap());

which iterator from which function do I cast in order to get the same
behavior as above?
OrderedMapIterator iter = (OrderedMapIterator) map.entrySet().iterator();
or maybe
OrderedMapIterator iter = (OrderedMapIterator) map.keySet().iterator();

or perhaps something completely different.  The documentation is a little
vague on how to accomplish this.

Once you wrap the LRUMap in a synchronized map there is no way to obtain the ordered iterator.

Stephen