Hi Simon,

Thanks for replying, but I already managed to fix the problem :)

On 7/23/07, simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 15:26 +0200, Amit wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using Digester to parse an xml file as follows
>
> Bundle bundle = Platform.getBundle("id");
> Path path = new Path("myDir/first.xml");
> URL url = FileLocator.find(bundle, path, null);
> digester.parse(url);
>

> but the problem is that everytime it throws me
> java.lang.StackOverflowErrorexception
>
> Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.StackOverflowError
>     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
Method)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
>     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> Source)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>     at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
>
> It seems like the parsing is going in infinite loop.
> Can anyone suggest what is wrong with this appraoch or do I have to
> call
> parse method in another way..?

Sorry, there isn't enough info in your email to offer an opinion on
this. All the stack trace indicates is that something somewhere is
calling newInstance. That's not enough to do much with...

Please provide:
(1) a fuller stack trace
(2) the value of the "url" parameter
(3) the digester rules (if they aren't too long)

Regards,

Simon