"Andrew C. Oliver" wrote:

> If Ken puts a little more description on the page, the keywords should
> get picked up by google.  My blog seems to be well regarded by google.

i'd rather address the issue of those people who use their directories
for non-about-me stuff first.. there.  anyone who *doesn't* want their
cvs.apache.org/~name/ directory listed can simply create an empty
~/public_html/.nopublish file, and the script won't include them.

as for beefing up the page..  i might do that, but publishing it anywhere
generally visible should wait until the people being listed on it have
consented.

considering that.. making this an opt-in by checking for a .publish file
might be a better approach.  that way, anyone who wants to be listed
has to take an explicit step to make it happen, rather than being listed
without necessarily even knowing about it.

if this becomes the basis of a genuinely public page, something along those
lines will be a requirement.  as long as it's private, though, i don't mind
keeping it opt-out rather than opt-in.