Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
--On Monday, December 30, 2002 16:56:04 -0500 "Andrew C. Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

this over.   The point being, this technology will allow passive
notification based on topic selection in a way not found on mail lists.
And of course the sources to the wiki

I'd much prefer mailing list notifications over RSS feeds. These types of notifications shouldn't be pull. Push-based notifications suit this problem domain far better than pull-based approaches. It also allows archiving of the changes. (We can recreate our entire CVS archive in the event of a castrophic failure just from the complete CVS commit archives.)

I agree with Justin, expecially because while email is a generally used tool around the ASF, weblog and related technologies are not as common.

Also, I think that 'page-based' RSS it way too granular.