On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Steven Noels wrote:

> > People can do the same with patches on mailing list; and seem less
> > likely to abuse that. Perhaps the simple validation (and display) of
> > a valid email address may do the trick.
>
> The combination of a Wiki (JSPWiki, which offers an XMLRPC interface for
> integration purposes), and hourly mailing list notifications _with_
> diffs on a designated list is working incredibly well for Cocoon.

Sorry; misunderstanding; I think WiKi's are -good-. I just notice that the
feedback/penalty/reward tradeoff is slightly on the wrong side of the
balance; and, compared to an email, list apparently does allow a certain
inappropriate use not as commonly seen on the mailing list side.

> I agree with the idea that this is partly because of the Wiki being
> owned and operated by the Cocoon community (users & committers),
> and eventualy might be moved under the oversight of the Cocoon PMC,
> rather than an centralized ASF resource (= multi-project and/or
> in-crowd-only).

Aye - and that is a first step. And perhaps; if we can identify that
community somehow - which may be as simple as a one off ASF wide email
validation - we can give them even more control over their own destiny.

Dw