What do URLs have to do with Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles? Does not compute.

At 14:11 29.01.2003 -0500, you wrote:
Actually we could skip the ASF-KIND boondoggle at first too. At that point the only thing we need is to collect URL's that have the icbm info in them. This will make so much easier for the authorities when the time comes! - ben

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 02:03 PM, Martin van den Bemt wrote:

Cool +1..
I've already setup geoUrl so the headers are in place. (except for the
ASF-KIND though)

Mvgr,
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Hyde [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 19:58
To: community@apache.org
Subject: Where are we?

I wonder if we could do something fun.

I think it would be fun to have a map that shows where the various
people in the community are located on the planet.

My fuzzy idea is that members of the community would put ICBM tags[1]
on some web page of their.  That can drive the map building.  Use the
author tag to grab their names.  They then put some other kind of tag
on a page, like
They then poke something we keep back at central command so we can
accumulate the list.  If we use committers repository for that we can
easily authenticate people.

If we keep it simple to start we can obviously do assorted richer
things later, but if all we try to do up front is get a map of the
committers that would be sufficiently neat.

wdyt?

  - ben

[1] http://geourl.com/

-- Ceki