On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> ><board hat="on"> in fact, until such time as a clear determination
> >is made, i'm ruling that it is *not* allowed.  it is not worth the
> >risk.  so lgpl-licensed materials in the asf repositories are
> >forbidden until a final decision is made. </board>

That's fine with me - a "no" is better than ambiguity.

Does the same policy apply to JCP, Sun, IBM, etc licenses  - i.e. not
allowed unless a board decision to allow is made ? Or is it only for LGPL?

Or more clearly - is there a list of licenses that the board approved ?

BTW, I agree that "not allowed unless specifically permited" is a
good policy regarding licenses, and I'm glad someone finally
stated this with the board hat on ( even if only for LGPL - but
that's a start :-)

Costin