You do win.. You don't have to have the direct implementation in apache cvs
and ask if the eg gpl'ed software would include an implementation of that in
their distro's. (who doesn't want an ant task for use with their software)
Another thing that can be done (and is GPL legal so to say) is make an
exception for certain projects. That has to be stated in the license
however, which in my opinion is even better and this way the implementation
can live in cvs. So the project concerning can just add "Apache Ant can make
direct use of our library without having to redistribute their code under
the terms of section 6" (quoting Roy on the last part).
(read the complete gpl pages a couple of days ago and above seems possible)

Maybe Roy can comment on above however. If we can have one way to approach
these kinds of siutation (eg always ask for exclusing of terms 6 in the
license) and if not look for an alternative approach, that would make it a
very clear way of doing things and make sure Apache doesn't get in legal
trouble.

Mvgr,
Martin "I am public domain and compatible with apache"