Nick Chalko wrote:

This is a top of my head list of requirements for the Apache Jar Repository (AJR)

* AJR shall
o only host artifacts approved by a PMC
o be accessible to the public via http
o be mirrorable.

allow browsing and downloding of artifacts by humans via normal web browser

* AJR should o provide metadata about a project, + its components + its dependencies + its artifacts + list of version available + url's to find specific versions of an artifact. o Provide tools for the management of the project metadata o Allow for low cost maintance by hand without tool support. * AJR should not o

   * AJR shall not
         o Host any artifact in violation of a license, or IPR.

Lets improve the list and post it on the wiki.

R,
Nick

-- Nick Chalko Show me the code. Centipede Ant + autodownloadable build plugins + needed jars autodownload. http://krysalis.org/centipede ---------------------------------------------------------------------