> > I think in general  ./ or  ./index.html should return a human readable
> > form and ./index.xml should give machine readable form of the following

> Or use the Accept-type: as a selector.

Could you clarify your thoughts?  I assume that you are refering to the
Accept: header as defined by RFC 2616 14.1, right?

If I point IE 6 at http://localhost/servlets/SnoopServlet, I get:

 accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
         application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword,
         application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, */*

Opera is more useful, with:

 accept: text/html, image/png, image/jpeg, image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, */*

But IE doesn't specify a preference for HTML over XML, or any other text/*
type.  As I understand the specification, that would require the server to
also use the user-agent for mapping, right?

        --- Noel