Hi,

Thanx to RoUS (Ken), now I can get the precise
statistics of the number of the participants
of each mailing lists in apache.org. Really great job, RoUS!

--

Well, now:
Subscribers: 8316 - announce@apache.org: (as of 21st October)

This showed that we got extra (additional) 900 subscribers to
announce@apache.org list, ASF-Wide Announcement List,
in these 3 months!

I assume this "extra (additional)" 900 subscribers has already
known that they would receive over 40k mails (newsletter)
monthly or bi-monthly.

Furthermore, I got just "ONE" private mail which said
"please unsubscribe me from announce@" in these 2 months.
-- ONLY "1" --.
(NOTE: previous mail contains "Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]")

Great! Statistics proved that most of the participants
to announce@apache.org list were welcoming such a newsletter!

Now, I can declare PROUDLY, that
"To those who do not want to receive over 40k mails: please
unsubscribe. Can't you see the procedure of how-to @ the
bottom of each mails?".
Furthermore, "If you just want to get the news of httpd *ONLY*,
please subscribe to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Over
17770 subscribers to announce@httpd.apache.org might be
waiting your subscription!"

--

We, developers, tend to view the world by using only their
left-side brain, with colored-eyeglass. Prejudice.

Anyway, we got extra (additional) 900 subscribers to
announce@apache.org list in these 3 months!
Great!

Perfect marketing effort!

This is all the great contributions from many many
contributors to the #1, #2 newsletter. I *DO* really
thank to all the contributors (writers) to that
newsletter, indeed.

Thank you,

Regards,

-- Tetsuya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>