On 1 Dec 2003, at 22:55, Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:40:21 -0600
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

If you want to avoid offense, a much better term for your efforts (and
more recognizable in the western open-source world) is evangelism.
And those evangelism efforts from you, and many folks who champion
the foundation and the ApacheCon show, are always appreciated :-)

Aha... Okeydokey, I've already known the term "evangelize" and it's common in japan, too. I did "not" know that this word can be used in the western open-source world. I imagined that "evangelize"/"evangelist" could be used only by me and Stefano ;-) # "Evalgelion" -- The title of the famous Japanimation.

To contextualize a little: Tetsuia and I had a few private conversations about differences in culture between Italy and Japan (also, the are also amazing similiarities... don't forget that WWII was Germany+Italy+Japan vs. rest of the world, definately not something to be proud of, but nevertheless interesting to understand how it could came to be)

During these conversations, I expressed my long-time fascination for the japanese culture and society that, I believe, was transmitted to me thru anime (I basically grew up watching anime) and more recently mangas.

BTW, the complete title is "Neon Genesis Evangelion" and I believe it's, by far, the best robot anime ever. If you can, watch it.

--
Stefano.