On 02.12.2003, at 18:31, Sander Striker wrote:

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 18:26, Martin Cooper wrote:

I would recommend against using committers@, for two reasons. First, AIUI
and based on previous reactions to messages to that list, this is not the
kind of thing that list is intended for.

Correct. Since this is a list you can't opt-out from, and are on as long as you are a committer, we should try and limit us to posts that contain 'critical' information every committer needs to be aware of.

Agreed.

Second, many contributors to the
newsletter in the past were not committers, so that list won't reach some
of the people who might help.

This point is moot w.r.t. community@ since community@ is only a subset of committers@ but anyway +1 from me.

Cheers,
Erik

It seems to me that this is in fact the perfect list for requests for
newsletter content. After all, it's a community effort, so what better
list than [EMAIL PROTECTED] If folks from individual projects feel that they
might benefit from a wider dissemination of such requests, then they
should feel free to redistribute the message within the lists that they
deem appropriate. That should not be the responsibility of the newsletter
editor, IMHO.