Hello!

Now I am exploring about our brains. :-)

left-side cerebral cortex (A) | right-side cerebral cortex (D)
------------------------------|-------------------------------
left-side limbic system   (B) | right-side limbic system   (C)

(A) can be expressed as "Calculation Brain"
(B) can be expressed as "Organization/Planning Brain"
(C) can be expressed as "Communication Brain"
(D) can be expressed as "Innovation/Integration Brain"

(A) is opposed to (C) as well as (B) is opposed to (D).
The confrontation between (A) and (C) can be expressed as
the difference of men/women. (Just a difference of the preference of
thinking)

(B) brain often takes "responsibilities" of local organization
(and person). Also, (B) brain is highly related to "sectionalism",
"bureaucratism".
(Bureaucrats often create "trifling" works in order to maintain their
*local* organizations and keep their prides ;-)

On the other hand, (D) brain (as opposed to (B) brain) can also
take responsibilities, however, they would be rather "global"
responsibilites. I imagined these *responsibilities* can be highly
associated with "community thanks".

When I became Apache Software Foundation Committer, I felt strangeness
of the messages "Thanks"/"Sorry" from some ASF members. I tried
to confirm what makes them say such words in particular situations.
Now, I do realize that this was "Community thanks"/"Community sorry".
( = These *thanks* messages are derived from the WILL of our community)

Yes, I have come to realize and now feel these "Community Thanks/Sorry"s
very comfortable. Also, I can proudly say that "Thanks, Apache". Maybe,
this is one of the most important factors by which Apache attracts a lot
of developers and users from all over the world.
Also, as I've read the bylaws of the ASF, this bylaws seems to have
affinity to these kinds of "Community Thanks/Sorry/Responsibility"
... really nice.

... What do you folks think?

P.S. (B) brain prefers "closed" communication, on the other
hand, (D) brain prefers "open" communication.