Dear folks @ community,

Hello.

One question came to my mind about the licensing issue.

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 04:19:01 -0800
Greg Stein wrote:

>   - author tags are officially discouraged. these create difficulties in
>     establishing the proper ownership and the protection of our
>     committers. there are other social issues dealing with collaborative
>     development, but the Board is concerned about the legal ramifications
>     around the use of author tags

I think it that perhaps we should pay much attentin to the licensing
issue upon websites in ***.apache.org, too (not sure .. correct me if
i am wrong)

I could see some XML files (e.g. files in "site" module) having
<author> tags (/document/properties/author)
which contained real person's names and e-mail addresses.

Should we also change these old customs ? I mean, usage of
real person's names in author tags should be discouraged ?

# e.g. (Preferable?)
# "site" module:
#  <author email="apache.AT.apache.DOT.org">The Apache Software
Foundation</author>
# "jakarta-site2" module:
#  <author email="general.AT.jakarta.DOT.apache.DOT.org">Apache Jakarta
Project</author>

I do appreciate any inputs/comments/suggestions.
T.I.A.
Sincerely,