On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> > I'll give this conversation a week or so to build up; and if not - will
> > send a polite msg to Oasis saying; thanks for the offer but not at this
> > time.
>
> I think you should also provide some list of 'benefits' for ASF to

Ok - personal benefits (without my ASF hat):

->      be able to give excelent feedback to the open
        standards processes, making them better, making
        the asf better and strengthening open standards and
        opensource in general.

->      prevent the creation of standards which while
        open cannot be realistically implemented or
        maintained in the open source world.

Dw