Serge Knystautas wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Electronic voting, at least as "practiced" here in the USA,
> > is a farce, and a disaster either waiting to happen, or
> > already happening.

> I'm wondering who (whether in Apache or elsewhere) will build
> the first open source electronic voting system. :)

I am cynical that our governments want to see any real solution.  Power
corrupts, and those in power corrupt the system to keep them that way.

FWIW, another list member sent me a private e-mail, with a reference to
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/10103931.htm?1c.  At least in that
case, there were audit records.  But it seems that the courts have thus far
refused to support a requirement that all electronic voting systems be
auditable.

        --- Noel