The Java Service Wrapper is being used (and sometimes redistributed) by
many of our Java projects (ActiveMQ, ServiceMix, Geronimo, OFBiz, Tomcat).
It was formerly available under an MIT/BSD style license, as can be seen
in the 3.2.3 version at

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/wrapper/

More recent versions of the product are currently under dual GPLv2
and commercial licensing.

  http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/licenseOverview.html

And yet no mention of its license is found in our documentation.

  http://activemq.apache.org/java-service-wrapper.html
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/How+to+Run+OFBiz+as+Windows +Service+with+Java+Service+Wrapper
  http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/wrapper.html
  http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyWindowsService

and the only pages we have that refer to the old version are in Geronimo

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/configuring-geronimo-as-a- windows-service.html http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/configuring-geronimo-as-a- windows-service.html

If your project is currently distributing or telling users to make use of the Java Service Wrapper, please be sure that we only use the old licensed version, that our documentation points to the old site, and that when we do point folks to wrapper.tanukisoftware.org (which we should do because some
users are not allergic to GPLv2) we should also point out that the newer
versions are under different licenses (GPLv2/commercial).

....Roy