Hi,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 6:02 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> We pass around patches at secur...@httpd until they are right.  Less
> efficient than SVN, perhaps.

More than the actual fixing of the vulnerability, I'm interested in
the process of releasing the fix. Creating a release without version
control is something I'd rather avoid.

Current Apache practices mandate at least four days of delay between a
release candidate becoming available and the official release
announcement being made. I believe the current best practice either
assumes that nobody is looking close enough for the vulnerabilities or
that the window of a few days is not long enough to cause much
trouble. I guess that's OK.

However, if that's the case, should I worry about setting up read
access controls in Jira? I mean, if I'm going to commit the fix to
public svn, then I might as well track the issue in a public issue
tracker. The issue could be created only when a patch or a workaround
has been developed in private.

> We are eliminating private areas from /repos/asf/ due to the desire
> to mirror and otherwise duplicate the repository as a whole.
>
> Which leaves your project's existing private area already at
> /repos/private/pmc/TLP --- but of course you don't gain the ability
> to fork because they aren't rooted from the same repository.

Perhaps I should use git to manage security fixes. /me ducks ;-)

BR,

Jukka Zitting