Rich Bowen <rbo...@omniti.com> wrote:
Hey, can one of you Sri Lankan gentlemen who is coming to ApacheCon bring me a bottle of Arrack? I'd be glad to compensate you for your cost and trouble, and buy you a couple drinks in Oakland. I've spoken to my wife glowingly of the evening in Kitulgala when we drank Arrack in the coal-black darkness, lit only by the gentle glow of cell phones, with the roar of the river so loud we had to shout to be heard, and, well, she wants to try some.

+2, me too, I've always wanted to try the real Arrack!

Reminder for all: the ApacheCon group room rate discount ($169/night) is scheduled to end TODAY, so if you're planning on staying at the hotel, register your room RIGHT NOW!

 http://www.us.apachecon.com/c/acus2009/about/venue

Also, remember that the Hackathon and BarCamp on Mon/Tue during the day are free to attend, and all of the evening MeetUps are free to attend - if you know folks local to the Bay Area, be sure to let them know.

- Shane