On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Dan <frandan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why can't we just copy it and skip the setup
> process and the time of figuring out best practices on our own?
> Thanks for any thoughts about this.  Also if this is the wrong forum for
> this question, please direct me to the right one.

Ruby on Rails has something like this:

  http://railsinstaller.org/

I've seen similar projects for various LAMP stack configurations. The
trouble tends to be that they get outdated or are very particular to a
specific stack and thus don't have a wide audience.

Personally, I like the approach of having Amazon EC2 images or VMWare
images available, with everything preconfigured and ready to go. There
are a few of these out there.

--
   J. Aaron // 傑仁