On 21 March 2014 04:49, Pawel Slusarz <p...@sw7d.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> When looking at the Apache SF Java projects as a group, I noticed that a
> large number of projects have duplicate class names, ie
> both openejb and tomee have a class named
> jug.client.command.api.AbstractCommand
>
> When edge cases, ie test.Foo and tomcat55, tomcat60, tomcat70 get
> eliminated, it still appears that the practice of code sharing by
> drag-drop-modify is quite prevalent. Over 14,000 (out of 165,000)
> classes were shared that way in the ecosystem, and 103 projects (out of
> 300) are affected.

Note that sanselan was renamed as commons imaging.
However the package names were also changed so I'm not sure why they
are shown as duplicates.

sanselan: org.apache.sanselan
imaging: org.apache.commons.imaging

Perhaps the information has been derived from SVN rather than the
published releases.
In which case I suspect there are a lot of false positives.
Not all SVN (or Git) source code is part of a release, and source code
may go through various name changes.