On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Evgeny wrote:

Hello
Thanks for releasing such a good alternative phone.
After WiFi enter in the picture in v2 (crossed fingers), Neo1973 platform
will turn most suitable piece of hardware to run some kind of mesh
networking protocol.

Very clever idea. I look forward to learning more in the sure-to-follow
discussion.

P.S. Second thought, I want packet radio to, for long distance network
connects but not in the phone, standalone.

With the USB host port, you can plug your Neo to the
Universal Software Radio Peripheral, an implementation of Gnu Radio Hardware:

  http://comsec.com/wiki?UniversalSoftwareRadioPeripheral

Then you run GNU radio on the Neo.

I know, it's huge. But just an example of what's possible, and of course it
could be made smaller if there was the demand.

Michael