Okay. As much as I hate to inject any sort of air of reality into these
proceedings...

The revolution evidently has a bunch of people who don't see that the value
of half (or ninety-five one-hundredths) of a loaf exceeds that of no loaf at
all.

I must admit, my knee-jerk reaction was "Uhnt! Why ain't there no 802.11x!"

After a few minutes neanderthal grinding and googling the phone for more info, I figured that it would bust the (very acceptable) price point and would most likely eat up batteries.

Magic fuel cells aside, I predict 802.11x will not be a big deal for mobiles until someone comes up with beautiful, free peer-to-peer voice app that is as easy to use and develop for as jabber. Of course, if one already has a phone that can do tcp/ip via bluetooth, and has an open architechture that allows one to develop such an animal ... TOING!!!

As has been noted, it's a lot easier to post an email message saying, "Just
add Wifi!" as though it were some sort of syrupy substance you could pour
into a tank on the device, but there's actually more to it than that.
Yeah. I bought some of that from a guy in Argentina that emailed me. It really gummed up my VCR. Turns out Karo doesn't even make hardware!

I'd like to have this line of discussion officially declared "silly",
please.
Line of Discussion: I dub thee silly.