On 24/01/07, Richard Franks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If we were to lose the FSF perspective at any stage down the road, then
we could end up only able to buy highly sophisticated yet crippled
devices which actively impose upon our Freedoms. Like now, but worse.

In that sense, I imagine the Neo1973 as a platform which furthers the
aims of the FSF through its success.. and retains its integrity through
that symbiotic relationship.

Calling the operating system "GNU/Linux" says a lot about the values
of a company in relation to the FSF.

The presence of a proprietary userland binary in the main/official
distribution makes it a crippled device which actively impose upon our
Freedoms.

This may be okay if it can be simply removed without effecting the
rest of the system, "ipkg remove proprietary-agpsd"-style, especially
if the software is for a subscription service that many users will not
use anyway.

--
Regards,
Dave