On 1/31/07, David Ford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tomasz Zielinski wrote:
> 2007/1/31, Bryan Fink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> I think the first time it pops up while I'm doing something else
>> ("Mickey calling. Answer/Ignore/Reject?" while I'm putting something
>> on my calendar), and I accidentally click one of the buttons, I'm
>> going to be very annoyed.  I'd also be annoyed if I had to deal with
>> the dialog before going back to whatever I was doing.
>
> Well, this is the cellular phone, so it's main goal is calling. If you
> don't want to, just turn off GSM subsystem. Popup window from other
> (not-focused) application could lock touchscreen for 0.5 sec like many
> phones do with keyboard, so no one taps wrong button by mistake.

An area of the phone, i.e. a particular corner should be designated for
such events and other normal use buttons such as the current application
should try to avoid that area so inadvertent triggering would be minimised.

This sounds like a good idea to me.  A set of interface guidelines,
agreed upon and adheared to by the community could produce a really
nice, consistent experience.  "No buttons in cornerX" might be the
right way to go.

-Bryan