Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
Gabriel Ambuehl writes:
On Saturday 03 February 2007 18:50:02 Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

Which is utterly sad, given I'm such a big fan of Blinkenlights...
Trying to make sure we get a couple of multicolor LEDs in v2 ;)
Much as I love flashing lights (there's just something *wrong* when my
ethernet hub looks more like a computer than my computers do!), I'd
much rather get more hardware buttons.  Wiring application launching
to the buttons on my Palm is really, really nice.
You want illuminated buttons. Think about it.

We have a winner!

We really want buttons with changable logos - http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/ However, the only sort-of-practical way to do this is to use one internal 50*10mm or so OLED display, with 4-8 hardware buttons on top of it, which are transparent, and designed to relay the underlying display.

Unfortunately - this will take up a _relatively_ large volume in the phone.
I'd guess 8mm*55*13 - and a little more as the display is flat and the phone is not.