Jonathon Suggs wrote:
Mike wrote:
SmartPhone Connect and Data Connect ONLY?

All t-mobile data plans will work? All?

Are you with the openmoko project or is your advice conjecture? Is your advice official?

This is my point.

I would shut up since on this subthread, I look like the only one with the problem. But if you read my "What mobile plan..." thread, you'd find others with similar questions and confusion.
First of all, if you can't accept help from anyone other than and "official" OpenMoko developer, then you probably should not be a part of this community. We will make things work together by helping each other. There are only a few "official" OpenMoko developers, but there are many of us here in the community that will give you a hand if you will allow us.

That said, PLEASE ALLOW ME TO HELP YOU! (It's amazing that I have to beg you for permission to help you).

Johnathon let me phrase it like this-

I love the help of the open source community, I'm a part of it myself. But when it comes to whether or not I spend $350 plus an officially-unknown monthly price, and likely with a two year contract, then yea, I want big official advice with a golden seal of approval on a silver platter with a company logo in a spotlight and smiling showgirls on either side.

You talk about it like you're putting mobile service advice in the same category as advice for debugging my code. I don't need official people to debug my code, but I DO need someone official to tell me how much it's going to cost me to develop for this platform, before I start signing two year contracts with providers.

The rest of your email is great thanks much, I'll add it to my (growing) notes file on service plans for the neo,