Sean,

A good reference on open source is always David Wheeler
(http://www.dwheeler.com).
In his study of 'Why Open Source Software/ Free Software) he
references a study from 2002 regarding open source developers:
http://www.infonomics.nl/FLOSS/report/index.htm
Have a look at 'Part IV: Survey of Developers'. It might contain what
you're looking for, although it several years old already. I presume
things only got better since then :-)

Regards,

Marc Verwerft

Dear Community!

Hopefully you guys can help me. I'm trying to find the number of FOSS developers
and users worldwide for some marketing related presentations but just can't seem
to find any solid numbers. It would also be very interesting to see how this
number compares to the number of developers worldwide.

Does anyone have any good links they could send me?

Thanks!

Sean