please point your browsers to http://de.sun.com/

I am not sure how long it will be there - but to see is JavaFX
Mobile - with a (slightly trimmed?) Neo1973 and you can see the
FIC-Logo.

I think the Neo _has_ some attention.

The hardware in that demo is almost incidental.

JavaFX Mobile is a complete alternate mobile stack based entirely on Java, and all the APIs are in Java. It has its own Linux port, based on work done by Savaaje, which Sun acquired a few months back.

While this might initially position JavaFX Mobile as a direct competitor to OpenMoko, I've seen blogs in which Sun was quoted saying it would be GPL'd, so it should (might) be possible to blend them. Or, it might be better to do "our own" port of phoneME to OpenMoko. I don't know which approach is better in the long run.