On Jun 11, 2007, at 10:00 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm not sure if this is useful. It sounds a bit more like a marketing group.
You have to pay a fee to join.

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Dean Collins wrote:

Long overdue and if it is a standard then lets all jump onboard and work
with it from inside rather than throwing rocks from the outside.

It costs a bunch to join ... so it's hard to work on the inside. It's interesting the more you pay, the more votes you get in the forum.

        http://lipsforum.org/downloads/legal/LiPSInternalPolicay.pdf

The press release says they have released a specification ... but nothing is visible on the web site. I am not sure how Linux compatible this group is .... at least in philosophy. The participation is closed, the forum allows patented code (as long as the license is non-discriminatory). Even with these issues, I'd still be very interested in seeing what they are cooking up.

Paul

Cheers,

Dean