I agree definitely with the parts that I excerpted below from what John
said, and would further like to point out what I personally see as one of
the major strengths of this project: To show the world and other device
makers that there can be a market for open mobile devices/phones. Of course
this phone isn't going to be perfect or meet everyone's needs, but a
successful neo means a better chance for OTHER open devices on which to run
openmoko/software of one's choosing, beyond the revisions made to the neo.

One of the things I've seen while lurking on the list is the propensity for
people to want Neo to be *exactly* what they want for their particular
niche
market/use. Whether or not it has a camera. Whether the accelerometers in
GTA02 are accurate enough for inertial nav. Etc...

. . .

This project is a unique collaboration between a manufacturer and open
source. Let them do what they need to do to make the manufacturing
decisions
for their company. And thank them for the access they are giving within an
industry that is extremely closed.

By all means give them feedback, tell them your desires, etc.  But please
don't complain at them when they let you know that the GTA02 isn't the end
of the line. That they're working on follow-up models. That they didn't
put
your must-have feature in the next rev.