On 7/14/07, Clare Johnstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/15/07, Joe Friedrichsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

. We have a *touch screen* folks! Why use a widget that was
> made to replace tactile interaction when the whole screen can be a
> widget? Seems like a little overly zealous retrofitting. . . This
> carburettor will fit on the electric car, dag nab it! ;-)

quite, Acrobat does it,
But even better my laptop has a synaptics touchpad,
and Seamonkey can make use of it. stroke up and down the
right side to scroll the web page, stroke across the bottom
to zoom or unzoom.
(But it is a bit sensitive, I hate the thought of accidentally
dialling someone due to a slight tremor of my finger.)

clare

the only down side I see to this is fixing all the OE apps that use
scrollbars... that said, I really like this idea from a UI standpoint...
it's easier to make circular motions with your fingers than straight lines,
scrollbars work good with a mouse since it's easier to move in straight
lines with one.

we need a way to select which on-screen item to scroll if there's more than
one (for simplicity's sake this should be a rare occurance... but web sites
love scrollable elements).  but it should be really easy to switch from hand
to hand... just have a right and left mirrored scroll widget, and skin that
bottom bar so it can exist either on the left or right hand side of the
screen... there should be a way to make the spinner minimize... it does eat
a lot of screen resolution... I'd try it but before I got Qemu working, X
kind of ate it on my box, and I've been confined to the windows laptop I get
from work... they won't even let me set it up to dual-boot

--
Jeff