Giles Jones wrote:
Clare Johnstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :
Nokia 6110 Navigator - advertised on the back of the bus I followed on
my way home,
and this is way away in Perth Western Australia......

clare

Thing is, we have better hardware than Nokia in terms of GPS. They use an AGPS
solution which is just part of the chipset they use. It's not a powerful
standalone GPS unit.

I'm not sure if it will be possible to have a turn by turn routing system for this phone.
Maybe if someone could do a version of WINE but using the Windows Mobile API we
could just run their apps? :)

Tomtom - the hardware units - run on comparable hardware to the Neo.
Arm under linux.
It's not completely impossible that it could be convinced in software to run a copy of the hardwares software.

The UI is broadly compatible - screen of a sort-of-similar size to the minimal one, and touchscreen.

The mobile phone one costs $99.
It's not eventually that unrealistic to expect that FIC could buy at half this, and sell to end users installed on shipped phones at $75 say.

Which is quite reasonable.