hank williams wrote:

    I think that this is not useful at all.

Actually it would be quite useful.

Without such a header I am unable to *visually* distinguish between this and other mailing lists or mail. Filters are useful for organizing, but I personally prefer to see my whole inbox and to view and scan all inbound content. Not having such a header is the equivalent of not having a "from" column in my mailing lists.

Most mailing lists do this properly.

Munging the subject line is a bad idea.

http://www.l33tskillz.org/writing/tagging-harmful/

Of course the other thing I always complain about is that this is the only mailing list I am on (out of >10) for which (at least in gmail) replies to a thread go to the individual and not the list unless I say "reply to all" - which I often forget because this list is the oddball. There have been discussions about this before where others have said it shouldnt work the way I suggest or that gmail is broken, but the bottom line is that of all the mailing lists I am on, gmail (for me) gets it right on everything but this one.

Munging the reply-to is a bad idea.

-casey