On Sep 8, 2007, at 3:28 AM, Florent THIERY wrote:
But who really wants to check out youtube
videos in the subway ? Marketing, marketing...

My wife uses the video feature on her iPod quite a bit when we're traveling. And video podcasts are a great idea for the subway - just as good as reading a magazine, only the pictures move! So don't be too attached to the idea that this is just marketing fluff. The lack of H.264 support is a definite weakness.

What about encoding features of the smedia chips ? The day there will
be a camera on the neo...

Unless you're encoding a long run of video, I don't think this is a major issue. If you are, yeah, hardware encoding for H.264 sounds like a great idea.