Thomas Wood wrote:
On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 20:40 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Would you really say either gnome or is wasted effort and should be discontinued? Or vim/gnome,linux/bsd,gecko/webkit/mysql/postgres...
Yes, it's my personal belief that these projects all represent wasted effort
and that if they cooperated they'd achieve more. I always get a nice warm fuzzy
feeling whenever I see a forked project merge (Compiz Fusion, Webkit/KHTML)

You don't think competition has it's advantages? A bigger project
doesn't necessarily equal better results. There are significant
differences between (for example) KDE and GNOME that make it useful to
have a choice. They are tackling the same problem but in different ways.
It is very important people can experiment and try different things.
Anything else would be to stifle innovation and progress.

Regards,

Thomas

I didn't realise Qtopia was */proprietary/* <http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=proprietary&spell=1> IE no X server. Given that I retract my earlier comments on preferring QT for the quality docs and IDE..... I'd rather plug away at developing in GTK than that.

--
Jonathan Spooner
Nationwilcox Systems Ltd