On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:32:46 +0200, Dani Anon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

strongly agree with all these points. With mobile devices, direct
access to the hardware is everything because it might mean an extra
hour of battery. the main problem right now is I'm not sure about the
future of openmoko if they keep using X. When I learnt openmoko was
using an X server it surprised me a lot, its a very weird decision.
Most of Linux powered extramobile devices that I know of (please
correct me if I'm wrong) have some kind of framebuffer environment in
which you can directly draw stuff on screen with little overhead.

Just for the record, Nokia N770/N800 uses X.

--
Alexey Feldgendler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>