Matthew S. Hamrick wrote:
Actually...

I'm pretty sure this is the same screen we're using on the "myPhone" project, and it's actually quite usable.

The 4.3" 480x272 has the advantages that:

* it's a tad cheaper than the 3.8" 640x480 screen, way cheaper in volume
    * it has slightly better color
    * there seems to be a metric butt-load of them in the supply chain

* it is widescreen (16x9) :P
I finally got mplayer working on my myPhone (albeit only for a few seconds at a time), and it's actually quite a nice screen for videos.
not that I don't have enough projects, but google is giving a lot of stuff that I don't think is the myphone project - I know it is a bit off topic for this list, but could you send me a link to the 'home'?

Much appreciated.
josh