I don't think ProE by itself is suitable, especially since you need a copy of ProE even to import it to BRLCAD. I myself would suggest Wavefront (.obj), ASCII DXF (.dxf), or STL (.stl) file. All are standard formats & should be in ProE and any other 3D editor.

Instructions for converting from ProE to STL are as follows:

ProE

   * File > Export > Model
   * STL
* Set chord height to 0. The field will be replaced by minimum acceptable value.
   * Set Angle Control to 1
   * OK

ProE Wildfire

   * File > Save a Copy > Model
   * Change type to STL (*.stl)
* Set Chord Height to 0. The field will be replaced by minimum acceptable value.
   * Set Angle Control to 1
   * OK*
*
I'm sure the process would be similar to convert to either of the other 2 formats.

Jeremiah Flerchinger*

*

Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
Esben -
Interesting. I checked on BRLCAD's website

Converting Geometry Between BRL-CAD and other Formats, Page 17
http://ftp.brlcad.org/VolumeIV-Converting_Geometry.pdf

and it seems Pro/E import is actually quite solid. However you need a seat of Pro/E to do the conversion.
Is releasing in Pro/E format (.prt and .asm files) an acceptable way?
Wolfgang